Wallaby hops along Sydney Harbour Bridge

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

Here is a news item and video that will probably hit the world's press tomorrow (your today) telling about the Wallaby that hopped across Sydney Harbour Bridge this morning, surprising early morning motorists. No, it is not normal to see a Wallaby in Sydney at all. Image Let alone taking a short cut across the bridge.

www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-16/wallaby-hops-across-sydney-harbour-bridge-surprising-motorists/9332050

Guess where they caught him? At the Sydney Conservatorium. Smart Wallaby that! The Wallaby will be returned to the wild after a full medical check. Well done the Sydney Police for saving him.

Of course it is not unusual for me to see wallaby. Maggie and I see many of them most mornings and they don't even stop their grazing as we walk past and say, "G'day".
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

That hopping looks like a lot of work.
ttf_oslide

Post by ttf_oslide »

Quote from: robcat2075 on Jan 16, 2018, 02:15AMThat hopping looks like a lot of work.

Actually it's a quite efficient way of locomotion.

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2016/ph240/cannistraro2/
ttf_Graham Martin

As a little addition to the story, today's Australian press is carrying the extra news that another Wallaby helped to capture the hopper on the bridge. Nick Farr-Jones, the former rugby union captain of the Australian Wallabies, has revealed he helped New South Wales Police officers capture the wallaby. "The police were trying to capture it as you would on the bridge, and they were having trouble so I just did my best to help them," he told a radio station.
ttf_Graham Martin

As a little addition to the story, today's Australian press is carrying the extra news that another Wallaby helped to capture the hopper on the bridge. Nick Farr-Jones, the former rugby union captain of the Australian Wallabies, has revealed he helped New South Wales Police officers capture the wallaby. "The police were trying to capture it as you would on the bridge, and they were having trouble so I just did my best to help them," he told a radio station.

Return to “Chit-Chat”