Ashes Cricket test series in Australia

ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

The average scoring rate through out th,e series has been around 2.7 runs per over.......  Yest again England's top order failed to get enough runs on the board to stress the Aussie batting......

Listening to the commentators, they have been talking about how England can't win in Australian conditions...and similarly Australia haven't won in England for the same length of time!
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I wonder if it's due to Coriolis Force?  The spins may not work the same way in the South as they do in the North? Image
ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

I think the Aussies are doing very well and probably close to completing a 4-0 Ashes series win. They moved into an almost unbeatable position on day four of the fifth Test in Sydney.

The Aussie middle order had a great time out at the crease, especially the Marsh brothers. Later, when England batted, there was some tight difficult-to-play bowling which probably ended England's hopes of saving the Test, with their score at only 4-93.

England is still 210 runs away from making Australia bat again, having lost four wickets in the second half of the day to the Aussie quicks.

The weather did not help the Poms, with record high temperatures in Sydney. Even the Aussies toiled in extreme heat. On the ground it was up to 40 degrees Celsius. In the West of Sydney there were temps of 47 degrees. Image
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Australian selectors having raised a few eyebrows before the series started have been proved right in selecting the right team for the series and conditions...England's top order have not performed at all giving the under powers bowling attack a less than fair chance..... As lmodern tours do not allow for sufficient warm up matches of proper quality to  help players adjust to conditions in countries they are touring I guess it will be a continuing trend that England will struggle in Oz, and likewise the Australians will struggle in England when the duke ball is swinging like a great bigband!!

Well played Australia !
ttf_Graham Martin

I thought I had posted the game result but it got lost somehow. Image Anyway, Australia won the final test by an innings and 123 runs, giving them a 4-0 series triumph. They were presented with the Ashes after the game (not the real ones, of course Image), which Joe Root, the English skipper, did not attend because he was sleeping in the dressing room.

I have got to say that the conditions during the match were very hot and, although I think the Poms suffered more, those kinds of temperatures are too much for anyone to stand. English players had to endure bowling with mid-pitch temperatures topping 50 degrees, then as soon as Australia batted, the mercury descended smoothly through the afternoon. Joe Root had been put into hospital on Day 4 due to sleepless nights, exhaustion and gastroenteritis. Image Root had been treated in hospital overnight but made it to the ground to briefly resume his innings before England was defeated. Probably beyond the call of duty but I think he has been a very good captain during this series
ttf_Graham Martin

I thought I had posted the game result but it got lost somehow. Image Anyway, Australia won the final test by an innings and 123 runs, giving them a 4-0 series triumph. They were presented with the Ashes after the game (not the real ones, of course Image), which Joe Root, the English skipper, did not attend because he was sleeping in the dressing room.

I have got to say that the conditions during the match were very hot and, although I think the Poms suffered more, those kinds of temperatures are too much for anyone to stand. English players had to endure bowling with mid-pitch temperatures topping 50 degrees, then as soon as Australia batted, the mercury descended smoothly through the afternoon. Joe Root had been put into hospital on Day 4 due to sleepless nights, exhaustion and gastroenteritis. Image Root had been treated in hospital overnight but made it to the ground to briefly resume his innings before England was defeated. Probably beyond the call of duty but I think he has been a very good captain during this series

Return to “Chit-Chat”