Music and obsessing with sports

ttf_DakoJack

Post by ttf_DakoJack »

So I've started to notice a trend between jazz musicians and liking baseball I myself have decided to pursue the trombone and also happen to be a bit obsessed with the Yankees (yes I know a lot of haters of the Yankees out there). I've also noticed if not baseball a lot of musicians decide to pick one team or sport to obsess over I think this is because musicians are in general obsessive people.So I'm wondering who out there has noticed a similar trend, has a sports team they obsess over, or don't watch sports at all.
ttf_Ellrod

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

I wouldn't say I am obsessed with our local MLS soccer team. I can quit any time I want.

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

Try living in Australia where just about everybody is obsessed with all sports, particularly our National teams.

What did you think of our Nathan Walker becoming the first Australian in the NHL and scoring a debut goal for Washington Capitals?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-08/australian-nathan-walker-marks-nhl-debut-with-goal-for-capitals/9027998

I have got to say that none of our men's National teams are going very well in Cricket or Soccer.

Our cricket team is just about to return from India with their tails between their legs.

The Soccer team only just managed to scrape a win against Syria 2-1 in extra time to progress to the intercontinental World Cup qualifying play-off after a tense stand-off in Sydney.

ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Put me in the not-obsessed column.

Honestly, I can't obsess over a team that uses our city's name when none of the players come from it, they don't live in it, they don't practice in it, they don't play their games in it but when they win a championship they expect our city to pay for their victory parade.

I've never lept up from my la-z-boy because our team has scored and it's unlikely I ever will.
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Put me in the not-obsessed column.

Honestly, I can't obsess over a team that uses our city's name when none of the players come from it, they don't live in it, they don't practice in it, they don't play their games in it but when they win a championship they expect our city to pay for their victory parade.

I've never lept up from my la-z-boy because our team has scored and it's unlikely I ever will.

Return to “Chit-Chat”