"Playboy" founder Hugh Hefner dead

ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

As a church-going family we never had it in our house and I knew I should never look at it but... one of my friends somehow had one hidden away so I had to take a peek and when I opened it up I was stunned to see to see, for the first time, a picture of a truly high-end phonograph turntable.
ttf_Ellrod

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

Seminal figure.
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

My Dad bought one probably in the 60s.  As a very straight church goer too he had never seen one, and as a school teacher his job would have been at risk if he were caught buying it, so he probably did it out of town. 

But my Mom was involved in setting up a shoe display that made it into a Playboy advertisement, and he bought it to see that. 

His comment:  There are women in there without a single blemish on their entire body.  How is that even possible? 
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: timothy42b on Sep 28, 2017, 10:00AM...  There are women in there without a single blemish on their entire body.  How is that even possible? 

The miracle of retouching.

I like how he would show all without showing all.  It was quite tastefully done.

And I'm sure he never lacked for models.

I have to say, he managed to get some good articles and cartoons in between the revealing pictures.

When I was in college, my fraternity had a wall with Playboy centerfolds.  Right next to the pool table.  I guess it was intended as a distraction.
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: timothy42b on Sep 28, 2017, 10:00AM
But my Mom was involved in setting up a shoe display that made it into a Playboy advertisement, and he bought it to see that. 

His comment:  There are women in there without a single blemish on their entire body.  How is that even possible? 

And your mother's comment should have been, "And where exactly did you see enough naked women to decide that's not possible?"
ttf_badger

Post by ttf_badger »

Quote from: Ellrod on Sep 28, 2017, 09:44AMSeminal figure.

Yes...And he finally Petered out!  Image
ttf_badger

Post by ttf_badger »

Quote from: Ellrod on Sep 28, 2017, 09:44AMSeminal figure.

Yes...And he finally Petered out!  Image

Return to “Chit-Chat”