The most recommended trombone techs

ttf_tubonist

Post by ttf_tubonist »

The only guy I trust is James Baker with Custom Brass. He used to make trombone slides for shires, and his slide work is top notch.

A few notable repairs and resurrections he's done:
-I stepped on the valve of my Bach 36B, and bent the horn in half. I folded the bell, kinked the slide, and bent the tuning slide. He brought the horn back to life. it played better than it did out of the factory.
-American Airlines utterly destroyed a Bach 36B of my father's (We really like 36Bs...). It was almost unrecognizable. Every part of the trombone was folded. Dad's other repair guy for his band said it would be better to throw it away. Dad took it instead to James, who used his black magic to save the horn. It plays better than any horn I have ever touched by far now. James is the bomb!

Here is his facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/CustomBrass/

He is in the Birmingham area.

ttf_tubonist

Post by ttf_tubonist »

The only guy I trust is James Baker with Custom Brass. He used to make trombone slides for shires, and his slide work is top notch.

A few notable repairs and resurrections he's done:
-I stepped on the valve of my Bach 36B, and bent the horn in half. I folded the bell, kinked the slide, and bent the tuning slide. He brought the horn back to life. it played better than it did out of the factory.
-American Airlines utterly destroyed a Bach 36B of my father's (We really like 36Bs...). It was almost unrecognizable. Every part of the trombone was folded. Dad's other repair guy for his band said it would be better to throw it away. Dad took it instead to James, who used his black magic to save the horn. It plays better than any horn I have ever touched by far now. James is the bomb!

Here is his facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/CustomBrass/

He is in the Birmingham area.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”