Yamaha "snot" vs Reka SuperSlide.

ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

I've recently dug out an old bottle of Reka SuperSlide and following the instructions NOT to spray the slide with water, found that it works almost as well as the Yamaha. But once condensation appears on the slide it's as good, if not better, and lasts twice as long. It seems to fade in a more predictable manner without going dry on the slide like the Yamaha.

So it seems that the trick is to be patient and wait for the instrument to warm up for the best results.

Has anybody else done an A/B test on these 2 products?

ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

I've been using it for over a week now, which has included 3 gigs, and around an hour a day of practice. During this time I've made 2 fresh applications over a wiped slide and a couple of spot refreshes. With NO application of water or dribbles from the slide in this time as well.
So it's as described in the product information, I won't be going back to the Yamaha unless I have to.

http://www.reka-web.com/219/
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

No shame in that.  It's a good product.  We are all different and to a large extent our slides are all different.  If it works for you, use it.
ttf_Driswood

Post by ttf_Driswood »

Quote from: BGuttman on Sep 24, 2017, 09:04AMNo shame in that.  It's a good product.  We are all different and to a large extent our slides are all different.  If it works for you, use it.

Yep, depends on the horn. I tried Reka Superslide on my Bach slide. Less than stellar results. Slide wanted to hang. With Yamasnot, it’s 10/10. I have an old Conn Director, and it loves Superslide.

Sometimes you have to try a few to find what works best with your slide.

Jerry Walker
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

I used Reka for a good while. I found Yamasnot to just be better all around. I never used either with water.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

I used Reka for a good while. I found Yamasnot to just be better all around. I never used either with water.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”