How long does it take to get a brassark leadpipe?

ttf_trb420

Post by ttf_trb420 »

I ordered a brassark leadpipe and I would like how long it takes them to make it
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Why are you asking us? 
ttf_trb420

Post by ttf_trb420 »

Quote from: greenbean on Apr 13, 2017, 08:08PMWhy are you asking us? 

Because many people on this forum have ordered them and they are in high demand so I assume it wouldn't be immediate shipment. No need to get cute with me.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Mine took 3 months for a seamed copper leadpipe. I think some pipes may take longer than others.
ttf_trb420

Post by ttf_trb420 »

Quote from: bonedude on Apr 13, 2017, 08:35PMMine took 3 months for a seamed copper leadpipe. I think some pipes may take longer than others.

Well, I guess I'll be waiting a while then! Thanks for the info
ttf_Ellrod

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

Why not ask Noah?
ttf_trb420

Post by ttf_trb420 »

Quote from: Ellrod on Apr 13, 2017, 08:42PMWhy not ask Noah?

Is he on the forum?
ttf_Ellrod

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

aka Slipmo

also c/o his website

ttf_trombonehawaii

Post by ttf_trombonehawaii »

Quote from: trb420 on Apr 13, 2017, 08:21PMBecause many people on this forum have ordered them and they are in high demand so I assume it wouldn't be immediate shipment. No need to get cute with me.

Ask about current production time when placing any order if you are concerned with the wait time. Lead times change often and most manufacturers don't have time to update their websites.

That said, Noah and Brad have been very diligent about their estimated production times for their leadpipes. I've ordered about 4 from them.
ttf_mr.deacon

Post by ttf_mr.deacon »

Quote from: trombonehawaii on Apr 13, 2017, 09:28PMThat said, Noah and Brad have been very diligent about their estimated production times for their leadpipes. I've ordered about 4 from them.
I've had the same experience with Noah. Next to Doug Elliott, Noah has some of the best customer service in the business.

My experience has been regular yellow brass pulled leadpipes take about a month if there aren't any in stock... possibly faster if Brad already has some made. Seamed leadpipes and leadpipes with threads seem to take longer considering Brad has to do more work to make them.
ttf_trb420

Post by ttf_trb420 »

I was just informed by Noah that it would be 10-12 weeks. Thanks all!
ttf_wgwbassbone

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

Maybe someone here can inform trb420 the proper way to handle a business transaction.
ttf_bigbassbone1

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Apr 23, 2017, 12:26PMMaybe someone here can inform trb420 the proper way to handle a business transaction.

?????????????

I think its a legit question.... we all know that Noah is very busy. Obviously he has a good reputation for good responses etc... but I have emailed him before with questions kind of like this and simply not heard back from him. Of course as I said, he is a busy person and probably doesn't have time to answer everyone with questions like this so why not just ask about other peoples experiences on here? Its so easy to do and you can rely on someone responding quickly with their own experience.
ttf_Slipmo

Post by ttf_Slipmo »

Guys, I'm right here  Image have a question, just ask me.

I do my best to respond to everyone as quickly as I can. It's true, sometimes emails get buried in my inbox or goes to spam. Everyone is important to me and if I've missed responding to you, I sincerely apologize.

As for delivery times, I think you've all gleaned from this thread that there is a bit of a wait. We honestly appreciate everyone's patience, as each pipe is handmade to order and takes time. We don't want to rush or change our process just to meet demand faster, that's when things can go wrong. Quality control is important to us and I think to our clients too.

Having said that, we're doing our best to meet demand as quickly as possible and doing our best to provide a good service to our trombone community with quality products. I really appreciate all the kind words in this thread and the support from this community.

Happy Sunday Image

ttf_HouBassTrombone

Post by ttf_HouBassTrombone »

I can never take anyone with the name trb420 seriously...
ttf_kfdz277

Post by ttf_kfdz277 »

Why all the negativity towards him? He asked a question. If you're gonna tell him off, PM him, but don't stoop to the level you think he's at and start talking crap.
ttf_wgwbassbone

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Apr 23, 2017, 01:38PM?????????????

I think its a legit question.... we all know that Noah is very busy. Obviously he has a good reputation for good responses etc... but I have emailed him before with questions kind of like this and simply not heard back from him. Of course as I said, he is a busy person and probably doesn't have time to answer everyone with questions like this so why not just ask about other peoples experiences on here? Its so easy to do and you can rely on someone responding quickly with their own experience.

You order something you get an eta from the person directly. Plain and simple. And FWIW Noah has always retuned my emails and I'm a nobody.
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Apr 24, 2017, 07:00AMYou order something you get an eta from the person directly. Plain and simple. And FWIW Noah has always retuned my emails and I'm a nobody.
No... you're a somebody  Image
Chris.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

ttf_bigbassbone1

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Apr 24, 2017, 07:00AMYou order something you get an eta from the person directly. Plain and simple. And FWIW Noah has always retuned my emails and I'm a nobody.

I have no idea if I count as a somebody or nobody, nor what the requirements are to be "somebody" or why it really matters in this context. I dont think it is unreasonable to be curious about an eta before placing a definitive order. Especially in the world of trombone gear, it is no secret that sometimes things can take an unexpectedly long time.... from any dealer or manufacturer. Hearing other peoples stories as to why something they ordered took longer than expected can be helpful in deciding whether you actually want to place an order or not.

My point about Noah not replying to some of my emails was not a slur against him, I appreciated the correspondence we did have. I dont think he should have the time to respond to all the emails he would get, which is why maybe asking for others experiences on here to find an answer (and not waste Noahs time) is not stupid.
ttf_altobone64

Post by ttf_altobone64 »

Welcome to Tubenet.
ttf_wgwbassbone

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Apr 25, 2017, 01:38AM
I have no idea if I count as a somebody or nobody, nor what the requirements are to be "somebody" or why it really matters in this context. I dont think it is unreasonable to be curious about an eta before placing a definitive order. Especially in the world of trombone gear, it is no secret that sometimes things can take an unexpectedly long time.... from any dealer or manufacturer. Hearing other peoples stories as to why something they ordered took longer than expected can be helpful in deciding whether you actually want to place an order or not.

My point about Noah not replying to some of my emails was not a slur against him, I appreciated the correspondence we did have. I dont think he should have the time to respond to all the emails he would get, which is why maybe asking for others experiences on here to find an answer (and not waste Noahs time) is not stupid.

We are all somebody for sure. So many times people ask questions without doing their own legwork. They want us to do everything for them. If you take the time to research what you are buying and where you are ordering from one can answer most questions for yourself. The the OP asks if Noah is on The Forum. Really? Anyone who's spent an hour on the Forum knows who Noah is on here. Just takes a little of one's own time. A pet peeve of mine I guess.
ttf_wgwbassbone

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Apr 25, 2017, 01:38AM

We are all somebody for sure. So many times people ask questions without doing their own legwork. They want us to do everything for them. If you take the time to research what you are buying and where you are ordering from one can answer most questions for yourself. The the OP asks if Noah is on The Forum. Really? Anyone who's spent an hour on the Forum knows who Noah is on here. Just takes a little of one's own time. A pet peeve of mine I guess.

Return to “Accessories”