Slide Repair Asheville, NC

ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Hi.  Just moved to Asheville, NC and have to get a small inner/outer bell-contact slide dent fixed. Anyone know of a good tech in the area?
ttf_nhtrombone

Post by ttf_nhtrombone »

Unless you need it immediately, send it to the Slide Dr.
ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Quote from: nhtrombone on Jan 12, 2017, 05:47PMUnless you need it immediately, send it to the Slide Dr.
The Slide Doctor is wonderful, but I can't go for a couple of weeks without the horn.  Any other suggestions?  I can go as far as Charlotte, if need be.
ttf_Dan Hine

Post by ttf_Dan Hine »

You could try Paul Grobusky in Rock Hill - about 20 minutes south of Charlotte.

http://www.grobuskymusic.com/page0003.html
ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Quote from: Dan Hine on Jan 13, 2017, 12:48PMYou could try Paul Grobusky in Rock Hill - about 20 minutes south of Charlotte.

http://www.grobuskymusic.com/page0003.html

Thanks, I'll check him out.
ttf_Steve Foote

Post by ttf_Steve Foote »

Dawsonville, GA is about 30 miles and 1 hour further than Charlotte. Dr Upchurch did my horn many years ago so I have forgotten how long it took but 2 1/2 hours seems about right. If this is a horn you are going to keep "forever" I would strongly consider giving Ray a call to see is you can make an appointment to have it done in one day.

http://slidedr.com/faqs/how-can-i-arrange-to-have-the-service-done/

There is a large outlet center with plenty of restaurants close to Dawsonville. The trip will give you a chance to see the beautiful NC and GA countryside.
I'm sure the local music store repairman can remove a small ding but if you are really particular about your slide you need to let the Doc do a complete alignment and treatment on it.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

Try Jamie Hafner in Hendersonville.

jhafner at comporium.net

He is is a well respected repair guy, as well as being a great tuba player and teacher.
ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Great.  Lots of possibilities.  Thanks, everyone.
ttf_MikeBMiller

Post by ttf_MikeBMiller »

Jim I am an hour south of you down in Spartanburg. There seem to be a lot of good players up your way. Asheville is a very cool place. Welcome to the South.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Go to the Music Center in Lenoir, NC and see Jim Stone.
Call before you go, and make sure of his hours (I think he's off 1 day per week)
828-758-5253 or 800-222-6324

http://themusiccenterinc.com/site/

T.

ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Quote from: MikeBMiller on Jan 14, 2017, 12:28PMTry Jamie Hafner in Hendersonville.

jhafner at comporium.net

He is is a well respected repair guy, as well as being a great tuba player and teacher.
Quote from: MikeBMiller on Jan 14, 2017, 12:28PMTry Jamie Hafner in Hendersonville.

jhafner at comporium.net

Not only a wonderful repair guy but a really nice person.  He just fixed my slide up good as new (maybe better).
ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

jhafner at comporium.net

jhafner at comporium.net

Not only a wonderful repair guy but a really nice person.  He just fixed my slide up good as new (maybe better).

Return to “Instruments”