Product Review - Hamilton KB7010 System X Stand

ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Recently received this from the US, as it was not available through any Australian distributors that I could find online.
I sometimes don't understand how companies can ship goods internationally so cheaply, when it would cost 4 times as much for me to send something from Tasmania to Mainland Australia of equivalent size!
The actual box the stand comes packaged in is approx 15cm x 15cm x 60cm, however it was packaged in a larger box, with heaps of tissue like paper for protection. This outer box was approx 50cm x 20cm x 100cm!!
The stand itself seems to have a good frame, however the adjustable flared bell support seems a little flimsy. I don't leave the trom on there for any length of time, but it is certainly suitable for short term storage.
I like the rubber ball at the top of the stand, which again is adjustable for different sized bores, we'll see how robust it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRrj-c2u8Y
ttf_davdud101

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Nuts - was hoping this was a review of of of their in-bell stands. Image cool revie
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I have one of these also.  Word of caution:  I slipped and lost my balance, jamming my horn on the stand.  I managed to bend the two legs that swing out.  Don't know how I can straighten things out.  Also, once the pole "settles" into the base, it becomes hard to pull out to swing back down.  A little slide oil made it work a little better, but it still takes a lot of effort.

Holds my tenors great.  Not so sure I like it for a bass.  If I had my "druthers" I'd go for the K&M 14990.
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: BGuttman on Nov 06, 2017, 07:23PMI have one of these also.  Word of caution:  I slipped and lost my balance, jamming my horn on the stand.  I managed to bend the two legs that swing out.  Don't know how I can straighten things out.  Also, once the pole "settles" into the base, it becomes hard to pull out to swing back down.  A little slide oil made it work a little better, but it still takes a lot of effort.

Holds my tenors great.  Not so sure I like it for a bass.  If I had my "druthers" I'd go for the K&M 14990.

I know what you mean about the Pole, but something you may not have noticed is a little tab that slips in and out to allow that pole to lay flat, it's like a locking mechanism.

I've also tried a couple of times to place the Trom on the stand, but it wouldn't go in....apparently you need to remove your practice mute before it will work, which I think is a stupid idea!!
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Quote from: davdud101 on Nov 06, 2017, 07:03PMNuts - was hoping this was a review of of of their in-bell stands. Image cool revie

Sorry about that! I had looked at that model but there were a few comments made in threads that turned me off that one.
ttf_mr.deacon

Post by ttf_mr.deacon »

Way too many moving parts. I wouldn't trust one to last very long.
ttf_elmsandr

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Very interested in this... I am looking for a small folding stand that can hold a large bore flare pretty close to the ground (like only holding the bell section). How short can you make this stand?  Looking at their website, the same details are on the KB7000, I might need to find a store that stocks both and check them out side by side.

Cheers,
Andy
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

Hey Andy,I'm guessing from what you're saying that you don't have a slide attached to the bell section? If so, then there is a limit to how low you can make it go which is approximately 48cm
I have mine set at a height where the slide sits about 25mm off the floor,the bell is about 60cm. The tube with the ball fitted to it goes a decent length up into the bell to give it added support.
I hope this helps.

ttf_elmsandr

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Quote from: Zandit75 on Nov 07, 2017, 11:58AMHey Andy,I'm guessing from what you're saying that you don't have a slide attached to the bell section? If so, then there is a limit to how low you can make it go which is approximately 48cm
I have mine set at a height where the slide sits about 25mm off the floor,the bell is about 60cm. The tube with the ball fitted to it goes a decent length up into the bell to give it added support.
I hope this helps.

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for in a number.  Now I just have to find the measurements I did for that silly place where I can’t take my current stands because they don’t fit. It sounds about right, though.

Cheers,
Andy
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

No worries, glad I could help!
ttf_Zandit75

Post by ttf_Zandit75 »

No worries, glad I could help!

Return to “Accessories”