Jet Tone mouthpieces

ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_bigbandaxes »

Does anyone have any experience with Jet Tone mouthpieces? I'm thinking about trying a Jet Tone Buddy Morrow mouthpiece. Should I buy one of the new reproductions, or hunt around for a vintage one in good condition. I'm playing a .484 bore Conn now and want a smaller mouthpiece that will work well with it.
ttf_Pre59

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

Check out this topic from a few months back. I had one in the 80's to liven up a dead Bach 12, very bright and with an usual cup contour, and with a .484 bore could be quite lively..

ttf_vegasbound

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

I have an original BM. And also one of the new remakes (by Schilke) they are different.....they are both for sale!
ttf_heinz gries

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_heinz gries »

Quote from: vegasbound on Dec 10, 2017, 05:39AMI have an original BM. And also one of the new remakes (by Schilke) they are different.....they are both for sale!

whats the different between new and old?
ttf_vegasbound

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Quote from: heinz gries on Dec 10, 2017, 05:58AMwhats the different between new and old?

Everything, feel, weight rim....you need to play them side by side to get the idea!
ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Just did a " buy it now" on a NOS  Jet Tone Buddy Morrow. I'll try it side by side with my Ruddy Muck 23 repop and see which I like better with my .484 Conquest.
ttf_gregs70

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I have Bach 15C and 15D you are more then welcome to borrow and try out if you want.
ttf_vegasbound

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Quote from: bigbandaxes on Dec 10, 2017, 04:08PMJust did a " buy it now" on a NOS  Jet Tone Buddy Morrow. I'll try it side by side with my Ruddy Muck 23 repop and see which I like better with my .484 Conquest.

Ahh but which NOS. I used to have one made in the 80's it was the BM model 2 and that is entirely different to the original 70's model 1 I have!
ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

Quote from: vegasbound on Dec 11, 2017, 01:01AMAhh but which NOS. I used to have one made in the 80's it was the BM model 2 and that is entirely different to the original 70's model 1 I have!

Good question! I didn't realize there were different models. I revisited the auction description and it does say Model 1. Is this the more prefered model?
ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

The NOS Buddy Morrow model 1 came yesterday. First impression is very favorable. Very clear tone, easy to focus, increased flexability. It wobbles a little bit in my 20H but I won't deal with that until I'm sure I'm going to keep it. So far I like it a lot, but I might be in the "honeymoon" phase of a new mouthpiece!
ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

I continue to like this mouthpiece. I fixed the wobble. It's a keeper!
ttf_bigbandaxes

Jet Tone mouthpieces

I continue to like this mouthpiece. I fixed the wobble. It's a keeper!

Return to “Mouthpieces”