K&G trombone mouthpieces

ttf_Chris Dearth

K&G trombone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_Chris Dearth »

So I've recently started hearing about this brand of trombone mouthpiece made in England.  Anyone have experience with these mouthpieces? If so, what do you think of them compared to other makers?

Thanks!!
ttf_Chris Fidler

K&G trombone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_Chris Fidler »

Haven't tried one......... They are made in Malta not the UK Image
ttf_matto

K&G trombone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_matto »

I have two, a large shank 5.5D and a small shank 5.5C. I bought them primarily for euphonium and baritone, and still use the 5.5D when I play euph. I thought they were both good mouthpieces with very comfortable rims. They feel a little bigger than the 25.5 mm measurement, which is equivalent to a Schilke 51D. I liked them both on trombone too, but use a Doug Elliott setup that I like better. I found the company easy to deal with, despite being half way around the world on an island in the Mediterranean. Shipping was quick, and the quality (both are gold plated) has held up well over the year plus that I've had the mouthpieces.
ttf_matto

K&G trombone mouthpieces

Post by ttf_matto »

I have two, a large shank 5.5D and a small shank 5.5C. I bought them primarily for euphonium and baritone, and still use the 5.5D when I play euph. I thought they were both good mouthpieces with very comfortable rims. They feel a little bigger than the 25.5 mm measurement, which is equivalent to a Schilke 51D. I liked them both on trombone too, but use a Doug Elliott setup that I like better. I found the company easy to deal with, despite being half way around the world on an island in the Mediterranean. Shipping was quick, and the quality (both are gold plated) has held up well over the year plus that I've had the mouthpieces.

Return to “Mouthpieces”