Nickel plated mouthpieces

ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Nickel plating has no business being on a mouthpiece.  Many or most people are sensitive to nickel and get a skin reaction to it.
Nickel plating is a very hard surface and looks shiny, but looks a little different from silver.  It doesn't tarnish very much and stays looking the same.

If you have any mouthpieces that have been nickel plated and would like to have them stripped and refinished in silver, please contact me.  The cost to chemically strip is prohibitive for just one, but if I can get several done at the same time it might be reasonable.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Nickel plating has no business being on a mouthpiece.  Many or most people are sensitive to nickel and get a skin reaction to it.
Nickel plating is a very hard surface and looks shiny, but looks a little different from silver.  It doesn't tarnish very much and stays looking the same.

If you have any mouthpieces that have been nickel plated and would like to have them stripped and refinished in silver, please contact me.  The cost to chemically strip is prohibitive for just one, but if I can get several done at the same time it might be reasonable.

Return to “Mouthpieces”