Marcinkiewicz 10

ttf_heinz gries

Marcinkiewicz 10

Post by ttf_heinz gries »

Hello
somebody here, who have experience with the Marcinkiewicz 10 vs the Marcinkiewicz 11,
sound and balance of the two pieces? Both seemed to be nearly the same.
(perhabs Ben Griffin?)
ttf_growlerbox

Marcinkiewicz 10

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

I haven't used a 10, but I'm back on and enjoying my 11.  I'm also interested in this information.

When you say "nearly the same," I assume you mean according to the published specifications.  Marcinkiewicz seems to have an unusual classification system for his mouthpieces.  As far as I can make it out, the numbering system refers to cup volume; this generally corresponds to cup depth, but you'll notice that a small increment in inner rim diameter is accompanied (on the whole) with a larger increment in cup depth as you compare adjacent "sizes".

The 12C and 15, for example, have idenfical specifications, but I suspect that the shape of the cup (more funnel-shaped for the non-C pieces) makes the 15 cup size a step smaller.

Now, what all that means in terms of playing characetristics ...
ttf_JazzPro

Marcinkiewicz 10

Post by ttf_JazzPro »

His numbering system makes no sense. His dimensions don't match what my calipers say! I don't know where he starts the measurement for the rim diameter, but it's not the inside edge of the rim for sure.

His system is based in what it feels like to play it. So the Ian McDougall for example , is supposed to play like a NY Bach 11C. I have one and it does feel small, but his dimensions don't match the NY 11C so.....

I have a 9 and it's supposed to play like a 6-1/2 I think.

I have a 10 but the jury is still out on whether I'll ever use it or like it. It feels small to me too.

It's hard to pick one of his mpcs  because it's a hit or miss as to whether or not The rim  will be the right size for your face based on his strange concept of dimensions.

ttf_JazzPro

Marcinkiewicz 10

Post by ttf_JazzPro »

His numbering system makes no sense. His dimensions don't match what my calipers say! I don't know where he starts the measurement for the rim diameter, but it's not the inside edge of the rim for sure.

His system is based in what it feels like to play it. So the Ian McDougall for example , is supposed to play like a NY Bach 11C. I have one and it does feel small, but his dimensions don't match the NY 11C so.....

I have a 9 and it's supposed to play like a 6-1/2 I think.

I have a 10 but the jury is still out on whether I'll ever use it or like it. It feels small to me too.

It's hard to pick one of his mpcs  because it's a hit or miss as to whether or not The rim  will be the right size for your face based on his strange concept of dimensions.

Return to “Mouthpieces”