Info about an old trombone

ttf_salsabone

Post by ttf_salsabone »

I have a Franklin made in U.S.A small bore trombone that is an Imperial model.  The Imperial model designation is engraved in block letters on the very copperish looking 7" bell vertically when you read it from the tuning slide down towards the bell flare.  Before you all ask me for pictures(I am not good with the tech to be able to post on the forum, but I am trying on Dropbox).  All of the slide and bell braces are very similar to the Getzen Super deluxe braces that look like a bunch of nuts and bolts screwed together.  Thanks for all of your help in advance of Bruce Guttmans obligatory usual deriding comment about how bad Getzen trombones are!!!  Just kidding Bruce!!
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Quote from: salsabone on Yesterday at 09:20 PMI have a Franklin made in U.S.A small bore trombone that is an Imperial model.  The Imperial model designation is engraved in block letters on the very copperish looking 7" bell vertically when you read it from the tuning slide down towards the bell flare.  Before you all ask me for pictures(I am not good with the tech to be able to post on the forum, but I am trying on Dropbox).  All of the slide and bell braces are very similar to the Getzen Super deluxe braces that look like a bunch of nuts and bolts screwed together.  Thanks for all of your help in advance of Bruce Guttmans obligatory usual deriding comment about how bad Getzen trombones are!!!  Just kidding Bruce!!

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php?topic=83313.0 might be some help.
ttf_Blowero

Post by ttf_Blowero »

ttf_Blowero

Post by ttf_Blowero »

Return to “Instruments”