FYI: Canadian Brass LB bell fits Getzen 3047 slide

ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Just putting this tidbit on the forum for future reference. I just took delivery of a silver-plated, 8.5" straight bell section w/tuning slide for a Canadian Brass model CB20. I had read here on the forum that the large bore Canadian Brass straight (CB20) and F-attachment (CB21) trombones were available back in the day and that they were built by Getzen. I took a little gamble and won this bell on Ebay and it turns out that it fits my Getzen 3047AFR handslide perfectly!  I wasn't able to play on it since it looks like the bell brace separated from the gooseneck during shipping. Once I get that fixed I post my impressions of that bell/slide combo.
ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

I recently bought an entire silver plated Canadian Brass Trombone. Nice horn.
Maybe I need to play it more but, it doesn`t seem to want to blend like my 42BO does.
But I`ve never played a Getzen before and everything does take time ti "learn the horn`s quirks"
Dark sound , good upper range.
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

I looked up your previous posts on your CB horn. On mine, the serial number just below the bell brace (on the flare) reads 430xx. Does your bell have a number in that location too? I read that you found out the build year for yours was 1994. Just wondering how mine compares (newer/older).

Thanks
ttf_Dukesboneman

Mine is also 430xx
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Another fun fact:  The tuning slide of my CB20 perfectly fits on my 3047AFR!  Makes sense, both are large bores built by Getzen.
ttf_Dukesboneman

I`ve been spending a little time with the CB and it really plays well.
The horn responds very quickly and it`s very dark but will brighten up when ask to.

ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

I had one in the mid 90's one of the best large bore horns I ever had...I sold it when I stopped playing for 10 years...it's one that got away!
ttf_arrawarra

Post by ttf_arrawarra »

I started playing my cb again recently and forgot what a great horn it is. Can’t believe it’s been on holiday in my loft for so long.
Blends really well in the brass band I play with as well.
I’ve just got past the stage where I go for the trigger that isn’t there and re-establishing 7th positions but it does put a smile on my face.
It has me looking at Getzen with renewed interest.
ttf_arrawarra

Post by ttf_arrawarra »

I started playing my cb again recently and forgot what a great horn it is. Can’t believe it’s been on holiday in my loft for so long.
Blends really well in the brass band I play with as well.
I’ve just got past the stage where I go for the trigger that isn’t there and re-establishing 7th positions but it does put a smile on my face.
It has me looking at Getzen with renewed interest.

Return to “Instruments”