New York All Stars from Bern Jazz Festival 1993

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

This is a video of one of the best Dixieland bands doing a tribute to Bix from those 1990's years when they were all touring in Europe. What a lineup:

RANDY SANDKE - CORNET
DAN BARRETT - TROMBONE/CORNET
KEN PEPLOWSKI - CLARINET
SCOTT ROBINSON - C-MELODY SAX/BASS SAX/CORNET
MARK SHANE - PIANO
MARTY GROSZ - GUITAR/VOCALS
LINC MILLMAN - STRING BASS/TUBA
DAVE RATAJCZAK - DRUMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m6NVpXhGw

Listen to Dan Barrett's great lines in the ensemble. One of my favourite all-time trombone players.

This U-Tube is from the site of jazzmanjoe100 on whose site you will also find he has loaded up some new videos from the Bix Beiderbecke Jazz Festival held in the Waterfront Convention Centre in Bettendorf, Iowa this past weekend. Thanks to Bob Ringwald on the Dixieland Jazz Mailing List for bringing these videos to our attention.

Hot Jazz is always my favourite! Image
ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

This is a video of one of the best Dixieland bands doing a tribute to Bix from those 1990's years when they were all touring in Europe. What a lineup:

RANDY SANDKE - CORNET
DAN BARRETT - TROMBONE/CORNET
KEN PEPLOWSKI - CLARINET
SCOTT ROBINSON - C-MELODY SAX/BASS SAX/CORNET
MARK SHANE - PIANO
MARTY GROSZ - GUITAR/VOCALS
LINC MILLMAN - STRING BASS/TUBA
DAVE RATAJCZAK - DRUMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1m6NVpXhGw

Listen to Dan Barrett's great lines in the ensemble. One of my favourite all-time trombone players.

This U-Tube is from the site of jazzmanjoe100 on whose site you will also find he has loaded up some new videos from the Bix Beiderbecke Jazz Festival held in the Waterfront Convention Centre in Bettendorf, Iowa this past weekend. Thanks to Bob Ringwald on the Dixieland Jazz Mailing List for bringing these videos to our attention.

Hot Jazz is always my favourite! Image

Return to “Other Musicians and Ensembles”