Scottish Chamber Orchestra

ttf_ronnies

Post by ttf_ronnies »

Hi,

Just been to two SCO concerts this week courtesy of Rob Collinson the SCO's bass trombonist.  They played Schumann Symphonies 2 and 3, Mendelssohn Piano Concertos 1 & 2, Schubert Symphony no. 5 and some Bach.

They are a fantastic band at the moment.  Brilliant sound and I thoroughly enjoyed both concerts.

Of course I paid particular attention to the trombones who sounded good.  A small Alto and small bore tenor which meant Rob left the Shires at home and used a Conn 88H for the bass part.  They fitted in well with the rest of the band.

Ronnie
ttf_ronnies

Post by ttf_ronnies »

Hi,

Just been to two SCO concerts this week courtesy of Rob Collinson the SCO's bass trombonist.  They played Schumann Symphonies 2 and 3, Mendelssohn Piano Concertos 1 & 2, Schubert Symphony no. 5 and some Bach.

They are a fantastic band at the moment.  Brilliant sound and I thoroughly enjoyed both concerts.

Of course I paid particular attention to the trombones who sounded good.  A small Alto and small bore tenor which meant Rob left the Shires at home and used a Conn 88H for the bass part.  They fitted in well with the rest of the band.

Ronnie

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”