National Music Festival 2017

ttf_Robbymeese

Post by ttf_Robbymeese »

Just wondering if anyone on the forum attended NMF in Maryland these past 2 weeks (on either tenor/bass or as an audience member)? Was it worthwhile? From what I understand it is one of the newer music festivals.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Bass trombone from NMF 2017 checking in.  The festival was a great experience.  The level of musicianship was very high and there were a ton of learning opportunities packed into two weeks.  While I haven't been to a lot of other summer festivals, it seems like this one had the talent you would expect from a bigger festival but was much smaller and more intimate.  The big thing for me was the free tuition, which is made possible by the super supportive community in Chestertown.  If anyone has any specific questions feel free to pm me.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Bass trombone from NMF 2017 checking in.  The festival was a great experience.  The level of musicianship was very high and there were a ton of learning opportunities packed into two weeks.  While I haven't been to a lot of other summer festivals, it seems like this one had the talent you would expect from a bigger festival but was much smaller and more intimate.  The big thing for me was the free tuition, which is made possible by the super supportive community in Chestertown.  If anyone has any specific questions feel free to pm me.

Return to “Schools, Colleges, and Conservatories”