Denis Wick Comparison (7c)

ttf_JLivorsi

Post by ttf_JLivorsi »

I've been scouring the internet looking for a Denis Wick's version of the Bach 7c. I've found a few comparison charts that in some way contradict each other. The most important one is the one from the Denis Wick site (below). Is there a reason why they have equivalents of 6.5AL, 5G, 12C, etc but no 7c equivalent? Is there one?

https://www.deniswick.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Denis-Wick-Products-Mouthpiece-Mute-Comparison-Chart.pdf

Thanks!
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

They don't show it, but the 7CS is comparable to a VB 7C.

The 7CS and 10CS are both excellent jazz mouthpieces.
ttf_heinz gries

Post by ttf_heinz gries »

different throat, DW 7CS 6,24mm, Bach 7C 5,8mm
diferrent cup diameter DW 25,4 mm  Bach 24,75mm
ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: heinz gries on Apr 29, 2017, 07:59AMdifferent throat: DW 7CS 6,24mm; Bach 7C 5,8mm
diferrent cup diameter: DW 7CS 25,4 mm; Bach 7C 24,75mm

Heinz is right.  If Wick's specifications are correct, the DW 7CS is nothing like the much smaller (cup and throat) Bach 7C.  It appears that the DW 7CS is closer to a Bach 6½A (but with a larger throat) or a Bach 6½AM (but with a smaller throat).  It appears that Wick does NOT (nor do they apparently seem to have any desire to) have a "Bach 7C equivalent."  Wick has never really been in the copycat business. 
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Chime in if your experience is different from mine. My flexibility is better on Bach rims than on DW rims. I know it from recent experience, but I don't know why it is so.

...Geezer
ttf_heinz gries

Quote from: Geezerhorn on Apr 29, 2017, 03:44PMChime in if your experience is different from mine. My flexibility is better on Bach rims than on DW rims. I know it from recent experience, but I don't know why it is so.

...Geezer
Perhabs you like more the rounded rim contour of the Bach. DW have more flat rims
ttf_heinz gries

Quote from: Geezerhorn on Apr 29, 2017, 03:44PMChime in if your experience is different from mine. My flexibility is better on Bach rims than on DW rims. I know it from recent experience, but I don't know why it is so.

...Geezer
Perhabs you like more the rounded rim contour of the Bach. DW have more flat rims

Return to “Mouthpieces”