TTF upgrades: ways, means, scheduling

ttf_rlb

Post by ttf_rlb »

Work continues on the TTF upgrade, here's a bit of information on the scheduling and what's being done.  The entire system is being upgraded, not just the software.  A new server has been ordered and will be delivered within the fortnight which has over 4 times the available memory and diskspace, and the operating system and all underlying systems (database, PHP, the forum software, the classifieds software, etc.) are also all being upgraded.  As I have mentioned, this is LONG overdue.

As for scheduling: I am planning on this all being done before Thanksgiving; I was hoping for somewhat sooner, but as the requirements I gave to the manufacturer for the server specs caused a delay, and I'm due for another fairly major surgery in the middle of October, so prior to that is impossible; there will also be a recovery period involved.  I've learned that doing work as the root user on a Unix system while jacked on hydrocodone is a big no-no.

As items on the to-do list are completed, I'll post updates here.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Thanks for the update and your work, rlb. Sending good vibes your way for the upcoming surgery and recovery.

DG
ttf_bhcordova

Post by ttf_bhcordova »

Thank you for everything you do for the forum!  Praying that your upcoming surgery will be successful.

ttf_RedHotMama

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi all,

Apologies for the recent downtime. This was not due to the server upgrades, but to a problem with the provider. Richard, from his hospital bed, sent this brief message to the admins:

"There's a major outage affecting the Forum and hundreds of other servers on our subnet.  Our provider is working on the issue."

Hopefully, the provider has now got its collective finger out and we should be back to normal - or what passes for normal amongst TTF members.... Image

ttf_RedHotMama

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi all,

Apologies for the recent downtime. This was not due to the server upgrades, but to a problem with the provider. Richard, from his hospital bed, sent this brief message to the admins:

"There's a major outage affecting the Forum and hundreds of other servers on our subnet.  Our provider is working on the issue."

Hopefully, the provider has now got its collective finger out and we should be back to normal - or what passes for normal amongst TTF members.... Image

Return to “Announcements”