new low for TTF posting bug

ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

I just posted something on TTF, and got the usual long delay.  While it was sitting there, one of those messages popped up that someone else had posted and I might want to review my post.

The "someone else who posted" was my own post.   Image
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Some days this happens to me on almost every post
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

And yet, sometimes it's great and I get immediate response.  It's very frustrating and I can't do anything about it.
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

I just hit the "post" button once and then close the tab. Then I open another tab and check on it. So far, it has always posted my post. Maybe others' browser operates differently.

...Geezer
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

If you really want to know about frustration, I approve every new member.  The site ALWAYS hangs up when I approve a new member.  And it doesn't alter the "members waiting" count in my display, so I go back into the Approve Members page and see that there is nobody waiting when my main page is telling me that there is.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Perhaps TTF has reached its maximum member count?   Image
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: SilverBone on Nov 04, 2016, 06:51PMPerhaps TTF has reached its maximum member count?   Image

Nope.  Because the memberships go through immediately.  The feedback to me hangs up.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: Geezerhorn on Nov 04, 2016, 08:51AMI just hit the "post" button once and then close the tab. Then I open another tab and check on it. So far, it has always posted my post. Maybe others' browser operates differently.

...Geezer

Just make sure to copy your post first, I've been burned on this a couple times.
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Quote from: largobone on Nov 05, 2016, 06:43PMJust make sure to copy your post first, I've been burned on this a couple times.

I think that's an excellent tip. I've even gone as far as pasting my potential post into a Word Doc and saving it overnight if I suspect it may be a little too controversial for some. If I think it's still a decent idea the next day, I'll go ahead and do it, then catch hell anyway. lol

...Geezer
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

I only notice the delay when I post in "Purely Politics".

I imagined it was some trick to stop people from back-and-forthing every two seconds.   Image
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: BGuttman on Nov 05, 2016, 09:17AMNope.  Because the memberships go through immediately.  The feedback to me hangs up.

It was a joke... Hence the smiley.

We all know there aren't enough trombonists in the galaxy to max out TTF.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: BGuttman on Nov 05, 2016, 09:17AMNope.  Because the memberships go through immediately.  The feedback to me hangs up.

It was a joke... Hence the smiley.

We all know there aren't enough trombonists in the galaxy to max out TTF.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”