Post Button

ttf_Graham Martin

Post Button

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

The Post button is malfunctioning again. It won't post! If you just exit the topic, you then find it has posted. You will get a lot of double posts if this is not fixed. One already in Trombonists.

I know the problems that exist with the ownership but I just can't believe it is not possible to correct this overall situation. Maybe contact whoever is hosting the website?
ttf_BGuttman

Post Button

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

It's sporadic.  Sometimes my posts (and membership actions) go through immediately.  Sometimes it takes forever.

I cleared 4 identical posts from Classifieds this morning (left one).  When I find them I clear the others as well.
ttf_SilverBone

Post Button

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

If you just leave the page alone after hitting the Post button (open another tab to get more work done) eventually it seems to come back.  "Eventually" meaning several minutes.

ttf_bhcordova

Post Button

Post by ttf_bhcordova »

I think it is only a problem with Internet Explorer.  I switched to Firefox at work and have not had problems.
ttf_BGuttman

Post Button

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: bhcordova on Aug 26, 2016, 08:21PMI think it is only a problem with Internet Explorer.  I switched to Firefox at work and have not had problems.

Happens with Chrome and Edge as well.  Sometimes; not all times.
ttf_Piano man

Post Button

Post by ttf_Piano man »

What I do is highlight the text of the message (CTRL-A) then (CTRL-C), then scroll up to the User Center and click on 'Your Most Recent Posts'.

It's always there, even though the 'Post Reply' tab is still scrolling. Then I can close the tab. In the event that it wasn't there, I could repaste the message. So far, the message posts in the usual amount of time but the page keeps scrolling.
ttf_greenbean

Post Button

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Aug 19, 2016, 03:55PMThe Post button is malfunctioning again. It won't post! If you just exit the topic, you then find it has posted. You will get a lot of double posts if this is not fixed. One already in Trombonists.

I know the problems that exist with the ownership but I just can't believe it is not possible to correct this overall situation. Maybe contact whoever is hosting the website?

Yes, it appears to "hang" but the post will get posted so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just hit Post and then click on something else and you will find that your post was posted.  This is my experience anyway.
ttf_SilverBone

Post Button

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: bhcordova on Aug 26, 2016, 08:21PMI think it is only a problem with Internet Explorer.  I switched to Firefox at work and have not had problems.

Happens with Firefox for me.  On this very post.
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post Button

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Quote from: greenbean on Aug 26, 2016, 09:04PMYes, it appears to "hang" but the post will get posted so I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Just hit Post and then click on something else and you will find that your post was posted.  This is my experience anyway.

Mine too.

Mine too.

Mine too.

...Geezer
ttf_anonymous

Post Button

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I can't send PMs. I've missed out on several items in the classifieds. Wait , maybe that's a good thing.
ttf_anonymous

Post Button

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I am regularly getting this message, even when entering TTF for the first time from Chrome. It has been happening for at least a week.

"
The tromboneforum.org page isn’t working

tromboneforum.org didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
"

I have to hit Reload about 20 times to get in. The same happens in IE.

It certainly has made me less active.
ttf_Torobone

Post Button

Post by ttf_Torobone »

Now, tonight, TTF response time is fast, faster than it has been for some time. I'm not sure what changed, but I'm liking it.
Thanks.
ttf_anonymous

Post Button

Post by ttf_anonymous »

For the first time in a while, my post button has gone straight back to the thread. Before the page would either hang in a state of "You pressed the button, it's loading the next page, but nothing on the screen is changing and the wheel is just spinning perpetually" or it would do that for like 20 seconds and give the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message. Let's see if it works again on this post...

EDIT: Yup, immediately went back to this thread and scrolled to my post. Am I just lucky or was this fixed overnight?
ttf_anonymous

Post Button

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Things hanging as usual for me. PM not working either.
ttf_bhcordova

Post Button

Post by ttf_bhcordova »

E-mail sent to site owner, he says he's working on it.
ttf_slide advantage

Post Button

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

And I thought it was my pc that was messed up

ttf_Piano man

Post Button

Post by ttf_Piano man »

Quote from: slide advantage on Sep 20, 2016, 08:40PMAnd I thought it was my pc that was messed up

It posts immediately. at least on my PC. It just looks like it hasn't.
ttf_SilverBone

Post Button

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: slide advantage on Sep 20, 2016, 08:40PMAnd I thought it was my pc that was messed up

Just because a website shows problems for you doesn't mean your PC isn't all messed up too.   Image
ttf_slide advantage

Post Button

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

The post function is still messed up. I end up with double posts
ttf_Torobone

Post Button

Post by ttf_Torobone »

I get many "empty responses" before I get can get TTF to display. Same thing happens for on other browsers and other computers in my house.

We'll see how this post goes.
ttf_anonymous

Post Button

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I've had like ALL the problems on TTF that can be had, including this one. One thing that I've found that gets me around this issue, is if it's taking a long time to post, STOP the load by hitting the "x" near the web address in your browser, then REFRESH the page. You should then get a msg that says something like "A reply has been posted while you were writing". This is actually YOUR reply that has been posted! Do not try to post again or reload again, just go back to the original post page and you should see your comment there (only one copy).

Hope this works for you until the problem gets fixed (don't hold your breath!)

ttf_MrPillow

Post Button

Post by ttf_MrPillow »

Whenever it hangs I just close the page and go back to TTF in a new tab. My post is always there.
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post Button

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Quote from: MrPillow on Sep 25, 2016, 09:24AMWhenever it hangs I just close the page and go back to TTF in a new tab. My post is always there.

EXACTLY! I really don't know why everyone is making such a big deal over this.

...Geezer
ttf_BGuttman

Post Button

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: Geezerhorn on Sep 25, 2016, 09:31AMEXACTLY! I really don't know why everyone is making such a big deal over this.

...Geezer

Well, it really shouldn't do this.  But we have no way to fix it; only Richard Byrd can.  So we need to work around the quirks of this site.  If it really bothers you, go to Trombone Chat Image
ttf_Geezerhorn

Post Button

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

Quote from: BGuttman on Sep 25, 2016, 06:27PMWell, it really shouldn't do this.  But we have no way to fix it; only Richard Byrd can.  So we need to work around the quirks of this site.  If it really bothers you, go to Trombone Chat Image

Correct. Everyone who has posted more than once should know this by now.

But I wouldn't go so far as to shoo people away.  Image

...Geezer
ttf_Graham Martin

Post Button

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

Especially not the Administrator!

BTW, just about every post for me is now not shown as posted. But it has! I do make a copy before I exit a post just to be on the safe side and not waste my time.

ttf_Piano man

Post Button

Post by ttf_Piano man »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Oct 10, 2016, 04:23PMEspecially not the Administrator!

BTW, just about every post for me is now not shown as posted. But it has! I do make a copy before I exit a post just to be on the safe side and not waste my time.

Zackly.
ttf_Piano man

Post Button

Post by ttf_Piano man »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Oct 10, 2016, 04:23PMEspecially not the Administrator!

Zackly.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”