Announcing: TromboneChat

ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

Quote from: MoominDave on Mar 07, 2016, 02:13AMI guess those numbers make sense - you'd naively expect one to be the square of the other - needing both copies of the gene to have the modification, with the same probability each time. 8% squared is 0.64%, which is not that far from 0.5%. Perhaps there is another effect at play too.

And of course the only known tetrachromats are women. 

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/woman-sees-100-times-more-colors-average-person

ttf_brucolli

Post by ttf_brucolli »

I finally got it on the 3rd try.
I am not color blind and consider myself way above average when it comes to solving puzzles, especially graphic ones. Maybe I just over think these captha things, every time I try to do them, I put down what I see and it tells me it isn't correct, very frustrating.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: elmsandr on Mar 07, 2016, 08:28AMIt has finally happened...  Slide-O-Mix vs Trombotine has taken ripped the forum asunder.

Cheers,
Andy
Trombotine.
ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Quote from: Sliphorn on Mar 07, 2016, 11:41AMTrombotine.

Yamaha Slide Lubricant! 
ttf_mwpfoot

Post by ttf_mwpfoot »

Quote from: Posaunus on Mar 07, 2016, 11:43AMYamaha Slide Lubricant! 

Yamaha Slide Oil was better. 

ttf_Posaunus

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

And here we go again! 
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

I wonder if Pledge would work.  Does anybody know if that's a health hazard?  Image Image
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: timothy42b on Mar 07, 2016, 12:14PMI wonder if Pledge would work.  Does anybody know if that's a health hazard?  Image Image

The aerosol still works, but it's a double health hazard:

1.  There is a fine mist of particles that aren't good for your lungs.
2.  You have a lot of overspray that lands on the floor creating a slip hazard.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I just signed up. Worked  very smooth for me on the first try, today.

Good to see some old-timer's around the new site, already. Hope to participate a little more than I did on TTF. The site got pretty "old" after all of the years of neglect in the shell. Glad to see this site with 100% control by ownership and not having to rely on a "ghost" owner. It was a great site when RLB was actively involved and posting. Very sorry that some of the mods and admins spent countless hours trying to get a 501c3 status and..........when push came to shove....it didn't happen. It has been slowly downhill after that point and that was numerous years ago.

I hope you all have great luck with this one!

See you around Image
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

Quote from: BGuttman on Mar 07, 2016, 12:19PMThe aerosol still works, but it's a double health hazard:

1.  There is a fine mist of particles that aren't good for your lungs.
2.  You have a lot of overspray that lands on the floor creating a slip hazard.

It was a joke.  I should have done smileys.  Oh wait.....................
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Nope!

Ponds forever.  Image
ttf_elmsandr

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

I knew I liked you for some reason.

Oh, and the 6 minutes it has taken me to respond to my own stupid joke is another reminder why the software needs an upgrade.

Cheers,
Andy
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I'd be happy if either:

1.  The software here notified me when people want changes to their profile that they can't make

or

2.  The software here lets people do things like change passwords, recover lost passwords, or do other maintenance to their accounts.
ttf_ddickerson

Post by ttf_ddickerson »

Quote from: badger on Mar 07, 2016, 04:08PMNope!

Ponds forever.  Image

You have to realize that the kids on this site don't have a clue what you're talking about. Image
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Is this the new forum? Will the old one die slowly?

Leif
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

None of us can predict what will happen to this forum.  It would be great if it continues and is accessible forever, but we can't be sure of that since we don't have any control over it.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

I'm going to use both as long as they are around. No reason to limit myself.

One suggestion (for the new forum) is to include the "show replies to your posts" button. It's probably my favorite feature here, or from any forum for that matter.
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

Quote from: Burgerbob on Mar 08, 2016, 01:05AMI'm going to use both as long as they are around. No reason to limit myself.

One suggestion (for the new forum) is to include the "show replies to your posts" button. It's probably my favorite feature here, or from any forum for that matter.

You need to post this on trombone chat.... they can only respond on site really.... stuff happens and the site is responding to user needs in a way we cannot here...

Chris Stearn
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

Hah!  I beat the capcha first try.

Uh, I cheated.

I clicked on the little speaker icon and a voice read me the numbers. 
ttf_RedHotMama

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Quote from: savio on Mar 07, 2016, 11:19PMIs this the new forum? Will the old one die slowly?

Leif

No. We have the same forum (this one!).

I like it and I'm hoping it will continue. Image

I'm not sure what will happen with the new one.

You can find it here....

http://www.trombonechat.com/index.php
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Tried to register but failed. I'm sure I had the security letters right. Not easy this or maybe I'm registered but have to wait before its approved?

Leif
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: savio on Mar 08, 2016, 11:19PMTried to register but failed. I'm sure I had the security letters right. Not easy this or maybe I'm registered but have to wait before its approved?

Leif

The CAPTCHA used on that forum is particularly hard to read.  You can think you got it right and still be wrong.  If that's the problem, the website would have responded by telling you you got the CAPTCHA wrong.  Otherwise it would give you a message about a pending approval.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Leif, try it again.  It doesn't always work the first time, and I think it didn't go through.
ttf_patrickosmith

Post by ttf_patrickosmith »

Quote from: SilverBone on Mar 09, 2016, 12:34AMThe CAPTCHA used on that forum is particularly hard to read.  You can think you got it right and still be wrong.  If that's the problem, the website would have responded by telling you you got the CAPTCHA wrong.  Otherwise it would give you a message about a pending approval.
I heard there is an audio button that you can click. It speaks the letters.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Tried to sign up but one of my entries was "marked as spam".  I removed the "stable" content and am left with the ID I use here, real name, real email address, and choices for language and time zone.  (I'm assuming that passwords can't count as spam).

ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I signed up without a "herd" and got in (needed two tries on CAPTCHA).  Added the stable later in the process.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: RedHotMama on Mar 08, 2016, 04:10AMNo. We have the same forum (this one!).

I like it and I'm hoping it will continue. Image

I'm not sure what will happen with the new one.

You can find it here....

http://www.trombonechat.com/index.php

Christine, I don't plan on leaving this one either.

But if this forum goes down for 3 days again, come on over and chat.  That's the main reason it exists.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: savio on Mar 08, 2016, 11:19PMTried to register but failed. I'm sure I had the security letters right. Not easy this or maybe I'm registered but have to wait before its approved?

Leif
Hi, Leif, I approved the account.  I was sleeping when you registered!  Sorry for the delay.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: BGuttman on Mar 09, 2016, 05:35AMChristine, I don't plan on leaving this one either.

But if this forum goes down for 3 days again, come on over and chat.  That's the main reason it exists.
Exactly.  And in the end, it'll be customizable, responsive, and so on.  As for the asthetics, we're working on it.  It's pretty generic right now but that'll change.

And in the end it's about community.  I'm active on both.  I think the communities will be the same active people on both. 
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Quote from: BGuttman on Mar 09, 2016, 05:35AMChristine, I don't plan on leaving this one either.

Exactly.  And in the end, it'll be customizable, responsive, and so on.  As for the asthetics, we're working on it.  It's pretty generic right now but that'll change.

And in the end it's about community.  I'm active on both.  I think the communities will be the same active people on both. 

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”