Post started by member Ids

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
Jimkinkella

Post started by member Ids

Post by Jimkinkella »

Not sure if this had been asked before, I hadn't seen it.
On the category navigation pages the "last post by" member is identified, but not the thread originator.
Anyone else think that might be a good piece of info?
afugate

Re: Post started by member Ids

Post by afugate »

I use the "unread posts" function. That presentation is much better than the category page.

Unread posts does include both the originator and the most recent commenter for each item it lists.

--Andy in OKC
Matt K
Verified

Re: Post started by member Ids

Post by Matt K »

This is actually sort of already a feature... from a certain point of view. Basically, phpBB is the underlying software that handles the forum and there are themes that access that as a backend. Some of the themes we currently have allow that as an option, others don't. Some offer them offer different appearances on phone & mobile browsers (for the sake of space) etc.

However, doing custom things to a skin can cause issues with updates down the road so we're rather hesitant to modify any of the skins. However, there are 'better' or at least alternative skins available that may provide certain functionality such as that so we're much more inclined to add a new skin. I'd encourage you to try some of the other existing skins we make available and see if they make it closer to the experience you'd like. If none of them provide the functionality, its still possible that a new theme might work well and these can be found from a variety of soruces. It becomes more difficult to maintain as you add more so we are reluctant to just add a ton of skins, but if there's a new one that is suggested that has specific use cases we aren't providing, we're definitely not opposed to adding it!

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”