New Forum Suggestion

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
BflatBass

New Forum Suggestion

Post by BflatBass »

In the "Performance' forum I started a thread called "What we're doing". If you read the thread you'll get the idea I was trying to present to this chat community. I also suggested starting a new forum with the same idea because as StefanHaller stated in his reply Having all of this in one huge thread doesn't seem ideal. He also stated that it could be like a blog or diary for the folks that frequent this chat. You could even call it "Today's Blog". So if the thread I started get's really really long, maybe we can start a new forum with the same idea in mind.

Cheers,
Robert
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
Matt K
Verified

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Post by Matt K »

Hmm! From my perspective, that actually seems like the ideal format. However, I can understand what you're suggesting as well. I think personally if it's something that a lot of people want, maybe make it a subforum in "Everything else".

Who else thinks that feature would be useful?
StefanHaller

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Post by StefanHaller »

Matt K wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 am Who else thinks that feature would be useful?
I would find this very, very useful. With the one big thread in "Performance", the risk I see is that this is a one-off thing that dies down after a while. And even if it doesn't, and people do post again about their progress after a few weeks, it's hard to relate that to what they posted earlier, because that earlier post is difficult to find in a huge thread.

With a dedicated forum, everybody could have their own thread that they keep posting to about what they are doing, what progress they made, what gigs they are playing, what they learned, etc. Really like a bunch of mini-blogs, if you will. I like this idea very much.

I think this would add a lot of value to TC, because it would make it possible to learn more about the people who post here, and create more of a sense of community that way. (Of course, for those who already run a blog or post information about themselves elsewhere, this would be redundant; I'm not sure to how many members this applies.)
maybe make it a subforum in "Everything else".
Huh? "Everything else" is part of the Classified, this doesn't make sense. I think it should be a top-level forum in "TromboneChat Forums", and I would actually consider calling it "Blogs".

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”