Feedback for buyers/sellers?

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
Fruitysloth

Feedback for buyers/sellers?

Post by Fruitysloth » Wed May 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi, I've recently joined this group, but was Jhungate96 on the tromboneforum. I've bought and sold multiple items, and was scammed once before, by my mistake. Is there any idea to create a sub-forum to provide feedback on buyers/sellers? I know that Reddit has similar threads for feedback like this, and it seems to go a long ways in preventing scams/bad reputations, etc. Just a suggestion, and I'm open to criticism/discussion of the idea!
Trombone Forum User "Jhungate96"
Matt K

Re: Feedback for buyers/sellers?

Post by Matt K » Wed May 09, 2018 2:33 pm

My only concern is policing it in the event of something negative. I too have been scammed in the past and also posted about it, though the person wasn't a user of any trombone related message boards, merely Facebook. It was a rather clever and intricate plan that I had others contact me about privately as well. At any rate, I'm not opposed to the idea but I'm not sure the best way to implement it without causing problems like that or organizing it. E.g. The only thing that is immediately coming to mind is having a thread for each user and then having others comment on them. Which could work, frankly. Would still be more useful than eBay rankings, for example. But that could also be cumbersome and might complicate searching for other subjects. But it's a good suggestion. Any other thoughts from anyone?
Neo Bri

Re: Feedback for buyers/sellers?

Post by Neo Bri » Wed May 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I'd be pretty worried about some petty people trying to sully one's reputation for unrelated things. My general rule of thumb is "caveat emptor."

I've been scammed, too, and more than once.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”