Photo Orientation

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
novalvz

Photo Orientation

Post by novalvz »

When I attached images to a post, I took the photos on my iphone in portrait orientation, and inserted them as attachments. The process was simple and effortless.

When I view the post on my phone, the images appear in portrait orientation.

When I view the post on my laptop, the images appear in landscape orientation, rotated 90 degrees
counter-clockwise.

Obviously, this is not a huge issue, but merely an observation.

Has anyone else experienced this? :idk:
Matt K
Verified

Re: Photo Orientation

Post by Matt K »

When you upload files, there is a button titled "Place Inline". That will insert the image in a particular location in the post and orient it as it is stored, rather than merely as attachments. Attachments are in landscape mode unless you squish the browser so they are taller than they are wide (which is how your phone would view them.

Additionally, sometimes on phones they automatically rotate images so they are viewed correctly relative to your orientation. The easiest way to make sure is to use a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox (or a photo sharing service like Imgur) and then upload/crosslink on your computer. But if you do the above instructions it should solve the problem. If you can't figure out the 'place inline' button, let me know and I can guide you through the process.
novalvz

Re: Photo Orientation

Post by novalvz »

Thanks for the explanation and the tips. I'll try them next time.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”