FS: Full Custom Tuning-in-Slide Independent Bass Trombone ($3700 OBO)

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello!

After a few years of solid use, I regrettably have to sell my bass trombone. This is a very different horn, and has a wonderful sound. I've played this horn in professional orchestras, big bands, quintets, and many other vanguards. It's one of the most versatile horns I've played.

The whole horn was built by Paul Abel in Rochester, NY. Almost all of the parts are vintage (60s-70s).

The slide is composed of a few 70-series Conn Bass Trombones. It's a completely custom Tuning-in-Slide setup. I had a seamed copper BH62 BrassArk leadpipe put in, press-fit.

The bell section has two independent rotors (one from a 60H, and one from a 72H), and a lovely copper 60H bell crook. Really makes the horn sound distinctive. The tubing on the valves are from Greenhoe. The bell itself is a Bach 50B Bell. It's one of the thinnest bells I've played, and it really sings!

The whole horn (except for some parts of the slide tubing) is unlaquered. There is no red-rot, and the horn is a very sturdy build. I've had Eric Peterson in Minneapolis go over the whole instrument and solidify things.

The horn plays like a Conn, and sounds sort of like a Bach. Almost the best of both worlds!

Pictures are available at https://imgur.com/a/JmW9P

If you are interested, or want to see more pictures or playing samples, feel free to contact me. I will include a one year old Protec ProPac case in with the sale.

Asking $3700 OBO! Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks for looking!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Price reduced!

$3500 OBO

Still includes case. Buyer pays shipping. Thanks!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

This is unique horn and it plays really well with a little time and effort. ckingfournier has had quite a bit of custom work done to “normalize” this horn and make it more immediately playable.

The sound is very warm and even in all register, the slide movement is quick and tuning in slide if that’s your thing on bass trombone. One of my favorite parts about playing this horn are the valves. They are hands down the fastest and most open rotors I’ve ever played.

ckingfornier has played incredibly well on this horn and is even the protec case is like brand new. If you’re in need of a bass this is a fantastic horn, especially at this lower price.

Cheers!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Update:

Horn is still available.

All PM's replied to.

Price is OBO. Thanks for looking!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Reduced!

Now $3375 OBO!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Reduced to $3200 OBO!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

PMs replied to. Playing samples and additional pictures available.

All reasonable offers will be considered!

Return to “Classified Advertisements”