Question About Bach Bells

ttf_Driswood

Post by ttf_Driswood »

I read here a while back that the only difference between the 6, 8' 12' and 16 bells is the number stamped on the bell. Other than that, they're the same bells. The 16M being the exception due to the open gooseneck.

I also read somewhere that the 36 and 42 bells are identical except for the bell diameter. Is this true? If so, what about the F attachment tubing?

I know the tenons are the same on the 6 through 36, as I've put a 16M slide and a 36B bell together to try it. I know Vincent Bach was pretty thrifty, in that he made parts that could be used on more than one model.

Jerry Walker
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

The only differences in the 36 and 42 bells, all else being equal (e.g. a 36B and a 42B) is the slide receiver/nut and the extra .5" on the bell. The valves, tubing, and tuning slides are all the same. Memory serving the neckpipe is as well.
ttf_Driswood

Post by ttf_Driswood »

Quote from: Matt K on May 05, 2017, 05:24AMThe only differences in the 36 and 42 bells, all else being equal (e.g. a 36B and a 42B) is the slide receiver/nut and the extra .5" on the bell. The valves, tubing, and tuning slides are all the same. Memory serving the neckpipe is as well.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Jerry Walker
ttf_Driswood

Post by ttf_Driswood »

Quote from: Matt K on May 05, 2017, 05:24AMThe only differences in the 36 and 42 bells, all else being equal (e.g. a 36B and a 42B) is the slide receiver/nut and the extra .5" on the bell. The valves, tubing, and tuning slides are all the same. Memory serving the neckpipe is as well.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Jerry Walker

Return to “Instruments”