Brass Quintet

whitbey

Brass Quintet

Post by whitbey »

I have a good church brass quintet. We mostly play legit tunes. But I am looking for good arrangements of When you wish upon a star and Over the rainbow

Anyone that has a quintet, I would be happy to send my tune list to and cast opinions on other charts we have.

If you have favorites to share, please do.

My Brass Quintet in Rochester MI, North Metro Detroit. I am looking for a french horn and a trumpet player. They need to be at the top of the community band level or better to fit in. Please share names if you know someone.
Edwards Sterling bell 525/547
Edwards brass bell 547/562
Edwards Jazz w/ Ab valve 500"/.508"
Markus Leuchter Alto Trombone
Bass Bach 50 Bb/F/C dependent.
Cerveny oval euphonium
Full list in profile
Kingfan

Re: Brass Quintet

Post by Kingfan »

I've played out of a book of Dallas Brass quintet music. Fun, not too difficult. Their books are available from their website. Some pieces are better with the percussion part covered, some are fine as is. My group didn't have a French horn player, so the leader transcribed the parts for me to play on trombone. Great way to develop a good high range, believe me! I no longer play in the group, so can't give a music list.

PM sent about my music.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

There is a good rendition of "Over the Rainbow" in "Tribute to MGM". Opens with a trombone solo. You may find the whole piece to be worthwhile -- we found it to be a real crowd pleaser. I don't have the music in front of me, but I think it's Jack Gale.

I know a good horn player, but I think it's a little to far to travel from southern NH to Detroit for rehearsals ;)
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
sungfw

Post by sungfw »

BGuttman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 pm I know a good horn player, but I think it's a little to far to travel from southern NH to Detroit for rehearsals ;)
Depends on what the mileage reimbursement rate is. :tongue:
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

sungfw wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:52 pm
BGuttman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:39 pm I know a good horn player, but I think it's a little to far to travel from southern NH to Detroit for rehearsals ;)
Depends on what the mileage reimbursement rate is. :tongue:
The mileage deduction alone might be worth it :lol:

Return to “Performance”