Source for bass trombone rotor tubing

ttf_connman93

Post by ttf_connman93 »

Hi all,

This is sort of a follow up to my other thread regarding replacement valves on a Bach 50.

I'm researching valve options and I'm finding that most rotors are sold without tubing. Is there a good source for the valve tubing for rotors? I'm looking specifically at the instrument innovations rotors. I have a tech in mind to do the work but haven't spoken with him yet. This is all just research for my own planning.

Thanks!
ttf_bonearzt

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Depending on what flavor valve you're thinking of,  your tech can order from Conn-Selmer,  OE Thayer,  M/K Drawing,  or Allied.

Lots of options and a big can of worms to open here!

Eric

ttf_connman93

Post by ttf_connman93 »

I've got my eye on the new Instrument Innovations rotors.
ttf_tbathras

Post by ttf_tbathras »

If you're thinking  Olsen, I would suggest getting in touch with Mike - they can probably tell you what will work best.  You can reach them from their website http://instrumentinnovations.com/contact
ttf_connman93

Post by ttf_connman93 »

I emailed them and they suggested OE Thayer, although when I contacted them, they only make bends designed for thayer type valves. Some of them would work for a rotor section but they don't make everything I would need.
ttf_elmsandr

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Quote from: connman93 on Apr 22, 2017, 10:42AMI emailed them and they suggested OE Thayer, although when I contacted them, they only make bends designed for thayer type valves. Some of them would work for a rotor section but they don't make everything I would need.

Nah, with their selection of 90's and straight tubing, you could make something that would work.  HOWEVER, you want to think about what type of wrap you are looking for.  Looking for a generic open wrap, or something more compact?  The world is your oyster here...

Cheers,
Andy
ttf_elmsandr

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Quote from: connman93 on Apr 22, 2017, 10:42AMI emailed them and they suggested OE Thayer, although when I contacted them, they only make bends designed for thayer type valves. Some of them would work for a rotor section but they don't make everything I would need.

Nah, with their selection of 90's and straight tubing, you could make something that would work.  HOWEVER, you want to think about what type of wrap you are looking for.  Looking for a generic open wrap, or something more compact?  The world is your oyster here...

Cheers,
Andy

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”