FS/FT: Original Glenn Cronkhite Bass Trombone Gig Bag - Black and Red

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
leopeters

FS/FT: Original Glenn Cronkhite Bass Trombone Gig Bag - Black and Red

Post by leopeters » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Original Glenn Cronkhite Leather Bass Trombone Bag, G Style, Black and Red. Never Used. Bought directly from Horn Guys as it was the last run of authentic Glenn bags. Asking 600 shipped in the lower 48. Never used as I travel far too much to rely on something soft. Pics to come.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... p=sharing

Also interested in trading for a Bach 42 slide, depending on what you have, condition, year, etc. would determine the amount of cash I throw in.

Regards,
Leo
Last edited by leopeters on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
paulyg

Re: Original Glenn Cronkhite Bass Trombone Gig Bag - Black and Red

Post by paulyg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm

$600? Isn't that almost double what they ran new? Also what do you mean "remonetized?" Have you tried the resurrected product lines and decided for yourself that they weren't up to snuff, or are you just impugning them to more effectively hawk your second-hand bag?

I own a Schilke-Greenhoe GB-4 and won't see its reputation dragged through the mud to sell someone's closet queen trombone purse.
Paul Gilles
Aerospace Engineer & Trombone Player
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:43 am

Deleted because I am a jerk.
Last edited by ZacharyThornton on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shires Lone Star Bass
Greg Black mouthpieces
leopeters

Post by leopeters » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Hey all, I would like to politely defend myself. On the old forum, I had several reputable exchanges in the classifieds with Mr. Thornton (among many others). It is unfortunate that under a different username some of the respect that used to keep the classifieds an area free of the rabble found everywhere else online has vanished. I apologize for including my opinion in the ad, I did not really give much thought to it. It is hardly a reflection of the quality of the new bags or instruments, just a personal notion that was not meant to be taken as anything more than sentimental face value on my behalf.

I am guessing neither of you actually know the price I paid for the bag and I can tell you I certainly did not double what I paid for it, at the time I wanted an original simply because it was finished in the old shop. A bit of nostalgia for me that turned out to lack a practical purpose. Starting something high in price combined with a little patience before marking it down has worked well in the past for my classifieds. In other words, my ad was judged by its cover.

Once again I am incredibly sorry to offend, but feel surprisingly attacked. I hope this is not how new posters are always treated. Who knows, they might be someone you have worked with in the past.
snieckarz

Post by snieckarz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 pm

paulyg wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm
$600? Isn't that almost double what they ran new? Also what do you mean "remonetized?" Have you tried the resurrected product lines and decided for yourself that they weren't up to snuff, or are you just impugning them to more effectively hawk your second-hand bag?

I own a Schilke-Greenhoe GB-4 and won't see its reputation dragged through the mud to sell someone's closet queen trombone purse.
Closet queen trombone purse? That's a new one! LOL! :biggrin:
-Steve Nieckarz
Getzen 3047AFR
Getzen Eterna II 1062FDR
Conn 72H (1959 - Phil Teele)
Conn 36H
Conn 88H (1968)
Conn 78H (1965)
Conn 48H (1967)
Bach 42BO
Deutsche Posaune
King 2B Liberty (1948)
Conn 16A Slide Cornet (1922)
Jiggs pBone (Red)
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:00 pm

You are right sir. I have no idea why I overacted. I am sorry. I think I have always been polite before and I know you always have been so to me. Please accept my apology and good luck with the sale. This is a good price for a great bag. It will have nostalgia factor for sure!
leopeters wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Hey all, I would like to politely defend myself. On the old forum, I had several reputable exchanges in the classifieds with Mr. Thornton (among many others). It is unfortunate that under a different username some of the respect that used to keep the classifieds an area free of the rabble found everywhere else online has vanished. I apologize for including my opinion in the ad, I did not really give much thought to it. It is hardly a reflection of the quality of the new bags or instruments, just a personal notion that was not meant to be taken as anything more than sentimental face value on my behalf.

I am guessing neither of you actually know the price I paid for the bag and I can tell you I certainly did not double what I paid for it, at the time I wanted an original simply because it was finished in the old shop. A bit of nostalgia for me that turned out to lack a practical purpose. Starting something high in price combined with a little patience before marking it down has worked well in the past for my classifieds. In other words, my ad was judged by its cover.

Once again I am incredibly sorry to offend, but feel surprisingly attacked. I hope this is not how new posters are always treated. Who knows, they might be someone you have worked with in the past.
Shires Lone Star Bass
Greg Black mouthpieces
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:58 pm

paulyg wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm
For OP's sake... before Glenn sold the company in 2015(?) the price had gone up quite a bit on the bags. If memory serves... I paid $375ish for my nylon Bass bag around the same time and the leather bass bags were like $450ish nearly $500ish.

Not that much of a markup all things considered.

I do think that the new Cronkhite bags are possibly even better than the old ones. The foam is amazing on the new bags.
Getzen 3047AFR 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1973, Elliott XT
Conn 6h, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Symington 1 1/2
greenbean

Re: Mods plz MOVE TO CASES: Original Glenn Cronkhite Bass Trombone Gig Bag - Black and Red

Post by greenbean » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 am

I also think this is reasonable. He is not giving it away... but why should he? These bags are in demand now that Glenn is retired. Sure, the new ones might be great (by all accounts) but many players want these. I bought a new brown leather Cronkhite travel (?) bag (separate bell/slide units) a few months after he retired. It was $450 well spent!

Return to “(Classifieds) Cases”