Olds LA Super Stolen in SF (Feb. 14, 2016)

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

My son's Olds and Sons LA Super Trombone in a black Max hard shell rip stop fabric gig bag with straps was stolen at a bus stop in SF (Arguello and 6th Street) at midnight Feb. 14, 2016. We have a police report, pictures of the horn and pics of my son playing it. We checked two pawn shops that are licensed to sell instruments but not others- maybe we should in case it was taken in for a loan? We let the bus company and nearby elementary schools know in case a Good Samaritan turned it in or an unsuspecting parent bought it for their child. We're checking Craig's list, Ebay, and Reverb. Anything else we should do but haven't thought of?
ttf_JimArcher

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Sorry to hear.  I have a couple of Supers, great players.  Do you have the serial No.?  Check eBay and the local/regional Craigs list, also the Goodwill forsale sites and the St Vincent DePaul sites.  And of course, the local pawn shoppes. 

ttf_daveyboy37

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

Not just local. Not uncommon for stolen goods to show up hundreds of miles away before they try to sell it. The person who stole it may have just given it to someone to fence for money/drugs/etc locally, and they then have it moved out of the area. Definitely make sure that police have the serial number.

I would check every pawn shop you can think of. All of Craigslist. All of ebay. All music stores. Get the word out as much as possible.  You may even want to send some ebay messages to Quinn the Eskimo. http://stores.ebay.com/Quinn-The-Eskimo-Vintage-Horns . He's got his finger on the pulse of the entire online used horn market. Also DJ Kennedy, the Brass Ark, Dillon Music, Horn Guys, etc.
ttf_daveyboy37

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

Not just local. Not uncommon for stolen goods to show up hundreds of miles away before they try to sell it. The person who stole it may have just given it to someone to fence for money/drugs/etc locally, and they then have it moved out of the area. Definitely make sure that police have the serial number.

I would check every pawn shop you can think of. All of Craigslist. All of ebay. All music stores. Get the word out as much as possible.  You may even want to send some ebay messages to Quinn the Eskimo. http://stores.ebay.com/Quinn-The-Eskimo-Vintage-Horns . He's got his finger on the pulse of the entire online used horn market. Also DJ Kennedy, the Brass Ark, Dillon Music, Horn Guys, etc.

Return to “Instruments”