Lo-jacking your bone

lowcatjb

Lo-jacking your bone

Post by lowcatjb »

Have any of you used a GPS tracker in your trombone case in case of loss or theft?

I've seen some small battery-powered ones, the kind that some people put in their kids' backpacks or use to keep track of seniors with dementia. I figure this could be a good size to hide inside a case.

I'm aiming for something that operates on a 4G network rather than 2G (which won't be around much longer) and that doesn't require a monthly subscription.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this?
kingsk1117

Re: Lo-jacking your bone

Post by kingsk1117 »

Have not tried it, but there are several pet tracking devices out there, some with no subscription fees. I was just looking at Findster (getfindster.com) as a no-subscription option, but the battery life is not long, and the range is only .5-3 miles, depending on topography.
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Maybe something like Tile?
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Interesting idea. I never thought of it. I bought a horn from a friend of mine and he included one for shipping, which I thought was clever.
lowcatjb

Post by lowcatjb »

Neo Bri wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:56 pm Interesting idea. I never thought of it. I bought a horn from a friend of mine and he included one for shipping, which I thought was clever.
Any idea what he used, brand-wise?

Return to “Technology”