Looking for a nice case that fits a Bach 36BO

ranttila

Looking for a nice case that fits a Bach 36BO

Post by ranttila »

I’ve been playing on my Bach LT36BOG that I got from dj kennedy for the past few months and have been loving its improved sound over my King 606, but have had some problems with the bell section in the case. I use a Protec Max case and every time I either take the horn out or put it back in, I have to adjust the F-attachment tuning slide so that it is in tune and then so it fits in the case. If I leave the f-attachment tuning slide out a fair bit, so it is in tune, it does not fit in my case. I would some suggestions for a good quality case where the trombone just fits with the open f-attachment being correctly tuned so I don’t have to adjust it so often.
Thanks
Matt K
Verified

Re: Looking for a nice case that fits a Bach 36BO

Post by Matt K »

How long is it from bell to tuning slide tip? If you measure I can tell you if it'll fit in an Eastman and an SKB462.
ranttila

Post by ranttila »

From bell to tuning slide tip it is just a tad over 30 inches.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

I use my 36BO in an Eastman.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Quick point, I put all my tuning slides all the way in matter what. This keeps them moving and they won't get crud on them too.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

Burgerbob wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 pm Quick point, I put all my tuning slides all the way in matter what. This keeps them moving and they won't get crud on them too.
Same here.

But either way... My 36BO fits into an Eastman and BAM Classic. I like the Eastman and I LOVE the BAM.
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
ranttila

Post by ranttila »

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m looking at getting an Eastman or I might just stick with my Protec Max as you guys think that it’s ok to be adjusting your tuning slides often.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I'm a big fan of the Eastmans myself. They're a lot lighter than the Protec cases (or really most cases generally). I actually can't find my tape measure unfortunately but I do recall having my Shires tru-bore in there and it fit fine, even when it was pulled out rather considerably. so your open wrap should be fine.

Return to “Accessories”