Fusion Gig Bags

DakoJack

Fusion Gig Bags

Post by DakoJack »

Recently I've been in the market for a new gig bag I have a Cronkite which I like but the one Im replacing is a Fusion. I love the Fusion and may get another as it is super light and has held up super well, but I dont see alot of people with them anyone else out there have an experience with another Fusion, or just want to sell me on your gig bag of choice. Im looking for something that travels well in terms of carrying it around and durability. Any and all comments appreciated.
Bonearzt

Re: Fusion Gig Bags

Post by Bonearzt »

I'm not particularly fond of them. Just my personal opinion.
The bell section can be a pain to insert and trying to reach to the bottom of the accessory pouches is tough.

Seem to be built well and offer good protection for the slide & bell flare though.

Eric
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Bonearzt wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 am I'm not particularly fond of them. Just my personal opinion.
The bell section can be a pain to insert and trying to reach to the bottom of the accessory pouches is tough.

Seem to be built well and offer good protection for the slide & bell flare though.

Eric
Pretty much what Eric said. They're an interesting design - I use one. They're not totally convenient, but they are sturdy. And they stand up vertically unaided by a wall. I like that the most. Altieris don't.
tbathras

Post by tbathras »

I had a Fusion. It was nice. A little clumsy to get the horn in and out. Light. I ended up with a dent in the bell flare one day - the way it is, there is nothing keeping the weight of the valves off the bell flare, so you have to set it down very very gently if you've got a bass. An accidental slip and you've got a dent in the bell. but I guess that's rather true of most soft cases, but I think the orientation of this one lends itself more to that.
--
Bass Trombone
Casco Bay Wind Symphony
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

I also like the cushy neoprene-padded handles. Comfie.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Nhtrombone

Post by Nhtrombone »

I bought Tim's Fusion for my bass and have had no issues with it. I don't play bass all that frequently so it's just fine for what I need when I need to take the big horn with me.
tbathras wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 am I had a Fusion. It was nice. A little clumsy to get the horn in and out. Light. I ended up with a dent in the bell flare one day - the way it is, there is nothing keeping the weight of the valves off the bell flare, so you have to set it down very very gently if you've got a bass. An accidental slip and you've got a dent in the bell. but I guess that's rather true of most soft cases, but I think the orientation of this one lends itself more to that.
Mv2541

Post by Mv2541 »

I have the (last gen) fusion for large tenors but I use it for small tenors and my bass bone too. You can easily fit all the music you need, 3 mouthpieces, a trombone stand, a music stand, a couple water bottles, oils and such if you don't zip the second compartment. I have never had any damage and with all the back padding it's the most comfortable case I have tried. If I didn't need to take around both a tenor and a bass commonly I would use my fusion a lot more.
Software Developer/Educator
JP Rath 236 - XT L101 C+/AS
Bach LT16M - XT L101 C+/D3
Bach 36BO - XT L101 E/E4
Edwards T396 - XT L101 F+/G8
Courtois 502 - LB L114 L/L8
Zandit75

Post by Zandit75 »

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Fuse-On backpacks from Fusion?
Any info would be appreciated. I'm looking at one for carrying all of my gear when playing the guitar, so cables, power supplies, effects pedals etc etc.

Return to “Accessories”