Bass Trumpet Cases/Bags

Finetales

Bass Trumpet Cases/Bags

Post by Finetales »

Hi all,

I recently acquired a great-playing vintage Lidl rotary bass trumpet. What are my options for cases and gig bags? While I of course would love to splurge and get a Cronkhite for it, unless I start getting tons of bass trumpet gigs (?) getting a 4th Cronkhite for an instrument that rarely leaves the house doesn't seem like the most prudent investment. Anything cheaper out there? I've already got the stand figured out as the bass trumpet fits perfectly on my flugelhorn stand, so getting another one of those is easy enough. Just need something to carry it around in.
Matt K
Verified

Re: Bass Trumpet Cases/Bags

Post by Matt K »

If you have an alto you can split the cost of the Cronkhite over both of them as both *should* fit in the alto case. (You just remove the slide compartment for when you are using the bass trumpet). I actually got one thinking it would fit my flugabone and alto... but it only fits the alto. Eventually I'll be getting a bass trumpet too and it'll reside in the case the few times I decide to take it!
Finetales

Post by Finetales »

I suppose that would work. Don't imagine there would be many instances where I would be called to play both alto trombone and bass trumpet on one gig. A shame it doesn't fit the flugabone though, mine is currently caseless as well.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I had a trumpet that came with a 'toga' that I modified to fit a flugabone I sold about a year ago. That's realistically the best option for the flugabone unless something has changed recently. I don't want to break the bank over it but I'd spend <$100 on it for something that was even minimally protective!

Return to “Accessories”