Making a Bach 50BL W/ Olsen Valves

Schlitz

Making a Bach 50BL W/ Olsen Valves

Post by Schlitz »

I'm a rather tall guy with big hands. When I started playing more bass trombone a few years ago, I found an Olds P-22. Now the stock trigger on this horn wasn't wonderful, so by referral, I hopped on the ferry to see Benn Hansson. That lead to the subject horn being created. Sure, the bell is a little ratty, but its got the Bach neckpipe, Mt V length tuning slide, and the Olsen Valves. You'll note the custom work done on the triggers and the wraps. The second valve is removable. Why, well I had a CT release back in 2001. Presently, I'm allowed to play a double as long as my hand doesn't get any worse. You'll note the triggers have been modified for my hands. Mike Olsen makes a really good product. As it evolves, this is a really good alternative to other valves out there on the market. I also have the leadpipe adapter they make, allowing me to plug in the threaded pipe of my choosing. Anyhow, here's some progress pictures Benn sent me while constructing this little terror. My hope is that some of you get off the fence and start playing, if you're looking for an axial alternative. Eric Edwards does these too. It be nice for those of us with Olsen valves to post pictures. The only bummer is waiting. So here's mine, where's yours......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Schlitz

Re: Making a Bach 50BL W/ Olsen Valves

Post by Schlitz »

Here's another...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Back view of valves........
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Front view......
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Last edited by Schlitz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

Wow! This thing looks great! I'd imagine it's a really fine player, too. And welcome back, Benn!
Jgittleson

Post by Jgittleson »

Real nice!

Return to “Modification & Repair”