New Orleans Area

DakoJack

New Orleans Area

Post by DakoJack »

I'm moving to New Orleans in about a month to pursue graduate school as well as hopefully a career in performance. I have some work I need done on my horns specifically a dent taken out of my 2b. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good repair work in the New Orleans area as well as Music Stores with a good amount of trombone emphasis. If it looks too desperate I do know of quite a few things around here before I move ,but would like to know if anyone knows of good work around NOLA.
Neo Bri

Re: New Orleans Area

Post by Neo Bri »

I can't help you but I can't imagine you'll have much trouble with finding a good tech. Lots of brass there.
Arrowhead

Post by Arrowhead »

I have to be honest- out of all the times I have been to New Orleans, I have never once seen a regular brass instrument store. I think the local musicians must go out of town to get repair work done. I'm not totally sure though. For buying recordings, you can't beat Louisiana Music Factory.
DakoJack

Post by DakoJack »

Arrowhead wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:16 pm I have to be honest- out of all the times I have been to New Orleans, I have never once seen a regular brass instrument store. I think the local musicians must go out of town to get repair work done. I'm not totally sure though. For buying recordings, you can't beat Louisiana Music Factory.
Been here a minute and largley that's the case Tom Barbary gets alot of calls though. As far as record stores go man Euclid is where it's at in the bywater next time your in town check it out.
thatme

Post by thatme »

It’s funny to see Tom Barbry mentioned - he was the go-to guy when I was in middle and high school more than 20 years ago, good to see he’s still around. Not sure if he has a website, but you can probably find him on FB.
Rath R9 Bass
B&S GR-51 BBb Tuba
Elow

Post by Elow »

If you dont mind the drive theres a place called Schmidts music in pensacola that ive heard good things about
Bach42t

Post by Bach42t »

Elow wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:20 pm If you dont mind the drive theres a place called Schmidts music in pensacola that ive heard good things about
Beat me to it. I’m about 2 hrs North of New Orleans and I have a horn in the shop at Schmidt’s music right now. They have been around forever and I have done business with Schmidt’s, not exclusively, but for years at least going back to the 90s. Great shop.

Return to “Modification & Repair”