Converting F trigger type?

olivegreenink

Converting F trigger type?

Post by olivegreenink »

I asked this buried in another thread, but wanted to surface it here.

I have the Mack Brass bass. I owned a “string-powered” 88H for 20 years. Is there an available replacement part to switch from the flatter metal F trigger to an 88H-style rod that can accept wooden/etc. rests? I know it’s going to be a mirror image of my 88h string-trigger to the linkage-trigger on the Mack.

Cheers
hornbuilder

Re: Converting F trigger type?

Post by hornbuilder »

It would "really" surprise me if there was anything "off the shelf" available. You're going to need to find a texh who can do the work for you.
Matthew Walker
Owner/Craftsman, M&W Custom Trombones, LLC, Jackson, Wisconsin.
Former Bass Trombonist, Opera Australia, 1991-2006
olivegreenink

Post by olivegreenink »

Thank you. I imagined as much :)

Well, I’ll set a reminder for 2022 when we are finally venturing out :)

Thank you
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

Many techs are working. And the postal service is working. Er,... well... perhaps UPS is a better choice for the next few weeks.
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
olivegreenink

Post by olivegreenink »

Yes. I mean no disrespect to the techs - I have the utmost respect for your experience, expertise, and craft. And I appreciate their need for work as well. I have tried exceedingly hard to continue to support small/independent folks and businesses (as you’ll see in a number of my posts on here). I guess I should have clarified. There is nothing “wrong” with it now. It would be frivolous of me to mail out or drive out right now needlessly when it’s a nicety. I will absolutely continue to mail things to techs and support shops for things I “need” :)

Cheers

Return to “Modification & Repair”