Blessing BT88

Davidus1

Blessing BT88

Post by Davidus1 »

Who owns a Blessing BT88 Tenor Trombone? I have a friend that is asking me about these but I have not played one. Not sure of the quality. Who's got one? Any info appreciated.

For my information I'd like to know what the quality gap is between Blessing and say a Conn 88 or Bach 42
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb
fwbassbone

Re: Blessing BT88

Post by fwbassbone »

I have a friend who plays one in brass band and he sounds great on it. According to what he has told me it feels much like an old 88H.
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

the B88? I have an older one right now. The slide is a little beat up, but it's surprisingly good. I'm selling it to a student, perfect horn for him to step up with.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Davidus1

Post by Davidus1 »

fwbassbone wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 pm I have a friend who plays one in brass band and he sounds great on it. According to what he has told me it feels much like an old 88H.
Good deal. Must be a nice horn!
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb
Davidus1

Post by Davidus1 »

Burgerbob wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 pm the B88? I have an older one right now. The slide is a little beat up, but it's surprisingly good. I'm selling it to a student, perfect horn for him to step up with.
Thanks for the feedback. I also think a "Happy Birthday" is in order. I hope you have had a good day!!
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb
BillO

Post by BillO »

I have a B88. It's a nice horn. It looks a lot like a Conn 88H but the sound is a little brighter. The slide and valve on these are well built and can be a smooth and slick as anything on the market. They are built at little bit heavily though and weigh a just noticeable amount more than the Conn. This adds to the brightness and also the durability of the horn. All that said, it is not too bright nor is it too heavy, it is simply a well built and goodsounding and playing horn. A worthy addition to any stable. :good:
Davidus1

Post by Davidus1 »

BillO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 pm I have a B88. It's a nice horn. It looks a lot like a Conn 88H but the sound is a little brighter. The slide and valve on these are well built and can be a smooth and slick as anything on the market. They are built at little bit heavily though and weigh a just noticeable amount more than the Conn. This adds to the brightness and also the durability of the horn. All that said, it is not too bright nor is it too heavy, it is simply a well built and goodsounding and playing horn. A worthy addition to any stable. :good:
Thanks Bill. Great information! Do you have the open or closed wrap B88? Sounds like its an underrated horn!
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb
BillO

Post by BillO »

It's a closed wrap design.

Yes, I feel it is underrated. It has to be one of the best values for the money - especially used. I have Kings, Jupiter XO's and Shires custom horns, and considering the price of a good used B88, it holds it's own in that crowd.

I've seen it new (open wrap) for as little as $1355 recently on Amazon. :good:

And it's easy on the eyes too, with that red brass bell. Mine's yellow brass BTW, so the BTB-88 might sound a little warmer than mine.
Davidus1

Post by Davidus1 »

BillO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:50 pm It's a closed wrap design.

Yes, I feel it is underrated. It has to be one of the best values for the money - especially used. I have Kings, Jupiter XO's and Shires custom horns, and considering the price of a good used B88, it holds it's own in that crowd.

I've seen it new (open wrap) for as little as $1355 recently on Amazon. :good:

And it's easy on the eyes too, with that red brass bell. Mine's yellow brass BTW, so the BTB-88 might sound a little warmer than mine.
Thank you Bill. I have a friend looking but your comments make me think I ought to consider this model for myself. I appreciate all of the information.
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb

Return to “Instruments”