Cichowicz books low brass version coming out

How and what to teach and learn.
bassbone

Cichowicz books low brass version coming out

Post by bassbone »

I am not involved with this project in any way, but Vincent Cichowicz's son Michael is releasing the long tones and flow studies (volume one) books for low brass. No mention that I am seeing of what the price will be, but I certainly look forward to checking out the book once it is released!

looks like it will be available at http://studio259productions.com/
Zandit75

Re: Cichowicz books low brass version coming out

Post by Zandit75 »

Looking at that webpage, this single book is available for $24.95, I'm guessing that is USD.
His first 3 books are available as a package for $74.95.
bassbone

Post by bassbone »

Zandit75 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 am Looking at that webpage, this single book is available for $24.95, I'm guessing that is USD.
His first 3 books are available as a package for $74.95.
Right (and yes, that is US$), but the low brass version sounds like it combines the first two of the trumpet books. I think because of that it is safe to assume would be somewhere between the single book price and the 3 book package price. I guess we'll see when they make it available next week...
norbie2018

Post by norbie2018 »

An old thread; I'm wondering if anyone has used these studies and if they recommend them for trombone. Thanks!
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Didn’t Roger Bobo include some of this material in his tuba book?
norbie2018

Post by norbie2018 »

I've got that book: he offers exercises/drills based on Jimmy Stamp and Remington, but I looked and I cannot find a reference to Cichowitz. I'm just wondering if it's worth the $30+ to order or if I could get the drift from the many free pdfs of his first flow exercise available. Just looking for new ways to do long tones.
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Our trumpet player warms up on a flow study every concert and rehearsal. Then I noticed our tuba player doing the same, a few octaves lower ( she mentioned Bobo to me)
norbie2018

Post by norbie2018 »

I double chekced - no mention of Cichowitz in the Bobo book, but plenty of reference to Stamp. I think I'll check out the Bobo book again and use some of the exercises from therer - it'll save me the money anyway!

Return to “Teaching & Learning”