Great Youtube channel for brass players...

Discuss the people that make the music here.
bigtiny

Great Youtube channel for brass players...

Post by bigtiny »

Some of you may know about this, but for those that don't. NYC trombonist Michael Davis has a great channel on Youtube called 'HipBone Music' where he does interviews with prominent NYC based brass players. He has interviews with some of your favorite trombone and trumpet players. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6lJZ ... ZEQ60vtP3g
Neo Bri

Re: Great Youtube channel for brass players...

Post by Neo Bri »

I didn't know about this. Nice!
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Mike is a good interviewer, I've really enjoyed those videos. His interview with Alessi is really cool too.
BflatBass

Post by BflatBass »

Interesting seeing Mike on his YouTube channel. Just discovered it the other day.
I played with Mike in the community college Jazz big band that his dad conducted before Mike headed off to a "real" college. He's really made a name for himself and yes, I really like the HipBone Music channel. Lots of cool stuff there.
I dream of the day that the world will be healthy enough that I can play in a live ensemble again.
bigtiny

Post by bigtiny »

Just a little correction here. Michael is himself NYC based and interviews a lot of NYC based brass players, but he also interviews great players from all over the place. Just to be clear.
DakoJack

Post by DakoJack »

He does have great content I bought the lesson he put out that Conrad Herwig did amazing stuff.
bassbone

Post by bassbone »

Sarah's Horn hangouts is another very good one (interviews of a wide variety of brass players hosted by Sarah Willis from Berlin Phil Horn section).
Cotboneman

Post by Cotboneman »

HipBone is a great site. He did a wonderful interview a few years back with the late great Bill Watrous that was an absolute joy. I hope more people check that out.
MathewKag

Great Youtube channel for brass players

Post by MathewKag »

Intense stuff I like his double bass, too. Does this guy have any studio albums with a comparable performance?
immugsestife

Great Youtube channel for brass players

Post by immugsestife »

I met Nocera sometime around late 80s in the Soho section of Mahattan NYC actually my friend from work spotted her, and we had a great time talking to her. Shes kinda cute and very friendly man those were the dayz.

Return to “Musicians”